Saturday, February 11, 2006

Rough Week

It has been a rough week, but it is starting to look a little better, despite being sick, because the 20th Winter Olympics in Turin (or Torino if you are Italian) have started, and Canada has won its first medal, which turns out to be a Gold one. Congratulations to Jennifer Heil for winning Gold in women's moguls.

The week started out quite well, Geofford and I celebrated his friend Mehmet's Birthday on Saturday (even though his actual birthday was Sunday, but we all wanted to watch the superbowl...) at Stoneface Dolly's. The food was fantastic and it was fun to have a night out.

Geofford's cat, Cawaja, has been growing weaker since the New Year. She passed away Sunday morning at around 11am, which was very sad. Although I haven't known her as long as Geofford and his family, I definitely considered her my own pet as well. She will definitely be missed, I still find myself watching my step when walking around the house, in case I might step on her.

Sunday, I also found out that I got a short contract to work with the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I helped the organization raise awareness of the event by distributing displays that contained the information for participants regarding the event. At first I wasn't sure if I could do it, going to different businesses and asking them to put the display up, but I knew that the cause was a good one, so I worked up my courage and did it. Overall, we had a pretty good response, but one of the people on the last day really discouraged me, which left a little bad memory of the experience. I was a little disappointed with this person's reaction, but it was just one person. This event really looks interesting, and if it wasn't a weekend of one of the six weddings that I have to go this year, I would have volunteered.

I guess looking back at the week, it wasn't all bad, but I'm just a little grumpy now because I have this cold which prevented me from attending ultimate last night. But, in the grand scheme of things, it is just one night, and compared to what others have to go through, that's not so bad.

In wedding news, Geofford and I have picked the venue for the reception, we have decided to go with the Congress Centre, although I still have to confirm with them. The wedding details are starting to come together, so that's good.

No comments: