Saturday, June 10, 2006

Master Julie

So, I have been a bit of a slacker over the past few months at posting, but it wasn't for a lack of being busy. Geofford and I have visited his parents (actually just his mom as his dad was camping near Montebello) over the May long weekend. Although the weekend was really cold, it was a great weekend of well deserved rest. Geofford and I worked on making our wedding invitations, and we got to indulge ourselves at a fabulous restaurant. The Explorers Cafe in Midland. If you ever go to Midland, you have to try this restaurant out, it has great prices and the food is fantastic! I had the maple chipotle salmon, and it was the best salmon I've had in a while.

The last weekend in May, Geofford played in Layout for Life and I decided to go watch sans sunscreen with my hair in pigtails. Unfortunately for me, the sun was hiding overtop of the clouds and then made a huge appearance later on and fried my scalp. The team (HammerHead) went two for two over the day and seemed to be geling well. I'm not sure if I will be able to watch many more tournaments because I really want to play. We also visited with Rachel who was home for the weekend. I spent most of the weekend with her and ended up putting together the rest of the wedding invitations. They are now all done, and we just need a few more addresses before we can send them all out.

I have also attended my convocation on 06.06.06. I am now a Master. The six girls who graduated out of my class showed up at the ceremony and the two boys who are in Alberta didn't make it out. It was nice to see the girls (from L to R: Christina, Danica, Steph, me, Dana, and Sarah) though and have some closure to the year and a half that we spent together at school. So now we are Masters and have been granted all of the rights associated with that title. Scary...so now I'm thinking, should I persue the PhD?

Right now, I just want to finish the wedding planning, so if anyone has any ideas for cake or flowers, please let me know. Posted by Picasa

No comments: