Monday, July 03, 2006

Fixing up my New room

Geofford and I have spent our long weekend holed up in our new bedroom, making it fit for me to move in :) We have removed the carpet, and have started painting the room. Here are some shots of the before (after the carpet has been removed - Geofford didn't make pictures of the actual before). We will put up pictures as we complete more of the project. We have half painted the room, so that's been fun.


Check out the hardwood floor!


The far corner...

Other than fixing up the room, Geofford has been sick all weekend, so we haven't done a lot of other things - our Canada Day evening consisted of watching tv, and checking out the fireworks in ??? out the window. We weren't sure where the fireworks were coming from, but we could see them above the treeline, and they were pretty. On Sunday, we attended a BBQ hosted by my cousin Arnold and his wife Bibiana at my Uncle and Aunt's house in Chapel Hill. It was a nice bbq, but it was quite windy, so that made it difficult to chat sometimes because we would be interrupted with a gust of wind knocking the food off the table. It was fun though, many of Arnold's friends have kids and they are super cute. It's fun to play with them, but it's also fun giving them back to their parents when the misbehave :) Today, we painted for a bit, and then we met my friend Allan and his wife Betty for brunch at Stoneface Dolly's on Preston. My recommendation for future patrons - is to clarify what they mean by "double". I thought that I did clarify, and the waitress said two eggs, so I thought that meant two eggs on my sandwhich, but what it actually meant was two sandwhiches with an egg each. Fortunately Geofford was hungry so he got part of my meal as well.

Also, this whole wedding/marriage thing is starting to feel really real. We have received a few wedding gifts already, (Thanks to everyone!), so it looks like there is no turning back now :p We think that we have finally completed our registry. It has taken us about 5 trips to the Bay, but I finally think that we are done. Other than that - still have to finalize part of our guestlist (yes I know it's late but Geofford and I haven't had a chance to figure this one out - he keeps postponing, and I keep letting him, because other things come out), and we still need to figure out cake and flowers...sigh...the saga continues.

No comments: