Saturday, March 10, 2007

Our Honeymoon, Part 3

Well, it turns out we didn't just bring souvenirs home from Hawaii, we also brought home a third life. :) We found out on Francis' birthday that we will be expecting a baby in August. This was a little bit of surprise since we were not planning on having children so early in our married lives, but we are still very excited. The baby is due August 19, but I think that the doctors are off, so I think the baby will actually come in September. Geofford also hopes that the baby will be late because although Nationals are early this year (August 9-12), I think that's still a little too close for comfort. Fortunately, Nationals are in Toronto, so if I do go into labour, he can always drive back.

Unfortunately, the beginning of the pregnancy has not been as smooth as one would have liked. I have been quite nauseous and exhausted. Now that I am into my second trimester, I feel less nauseous, but there are still some bad days. Right now, I am just looking forward to the weather warming up so that I can spend more time outside. But then again, I hear that summers are particularly uncomfortable for pregnant women, so maybe I should enjoy this freezing cold temperature while I still have it :)

Here is a picture from our first ultrasound on February 5, 2007. The baby was 4.74cm long and I was 12 weeks pregnant (according to the doctor). I think that we may get a revised due date on our next ultrasound on March 27.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations.
- mhoye