Thursday, December 13, 2007

Connor's 4th Month

Time does fly when you are having fun, or is it because I am so tired? This month seems to have gone by in such a blur. I blame it all on ultimate and the late nights that are associated with playing indoor. I think that I have to stop scheduling things for Thursday mornings because it is tough getting out of bed after playing late on Wednesday night (which is not always the case, but I always seem to get to bed later on Wednesdays). It is great fun playing ultimate again even though I feel completely out of shape. My team is now 0-4 and we are just hoping that next week will mark our first win. When I play in the earlier timeslots, Geofford and Connor try and make it out to watch, although they seem to be more interested in chatting with people than with watching me :) Connor and I try and make it out to watch Geofford play on Thursdays, but sometimes it is just nice to stay home when I am still tired from playing on Wednesday. We hope to make it out more in the new year though.

Connor had a busy month as usual. We went to Mike Laporte's 30th birthday party and celebrated his birthday and we were able to congratulate him on the newest addition to the Laporte family who will be making his/her debut in Spring 2008. I guess we are coming to that age when people are getting married and starting families. It's so exciting :)

Connor also got to visit with his paternal grandparents when they came to visit for his Baptism. Connor's Baptism was on November 17th at Good Shepherd Parish. It was an exciting event as Good Shepherd has full immersion baptisms. Connor got dunked three times in the baptismal font and he did not enjoy it one bit. As he was the third baby to get baptised, I think he knew something was up because he started crying even before he got dunked in the water. Poor dude.

After the baptism, we had a small gathering with family to celebrate his baptism. I think that it is funny that everyone is looking at the camera except Connor who is fascinated by the dining room chandelier.


Geofford and I also got a few evenings out without Connor when we went to a couple Sens games. Unfortunately the Sens lost both games that we attended, but I think my parents had a fun time babysitting Connor while we were out.

Connor also had the opportunity to meet another new friend who was also born on Damian's birthday - Lucas Frederick Lai. Lucas and his family were here in Ottawa for a short visit from Halifax. It was nice seeing Fred and Liz and meeting Lucas. Unfortunately we didn't bring our camera to the meeting, but I know that Fred (Lucas' father) did take many pictures. We will add a link to those pictures once we receive it.

The holiday season started with a bang for us. Starting on the 1st of December we were busy with many activities. We celebrated Shay Thibert's 2nd birthday at a party at his house. He was a wonderful host and although he was really good at ripping the paper off his gifts, I think he was a little upset that he couldn't play with all of his new toys right away because there were more gifts to open. I wonder how he is going to handle this Christmas?

We also attended a few cookie exchanges, so now I only a have a bit more Christmas baking to do thanks to the exchanges. Although, we ate most of the cookies from the 1st exchange because I was less organized and didn't freeze them all right away. I learned for the next two though :)

Connor is currently coping through his first cold. He caught it from me, who caught it from someone at ultimate last week when I mistakenly took a drink out of someone else's bottle thinking it was mine. He is quite stuffed up, but we have found the humidifier has been a great help during the night. On top of that, Connor had to endure his second round of immunizations today. I think that he did quite well, but he is definitely getting pampered by me today. At his appointment, he weighed 6.69 kg (14 lbs 12 oz) and measured 64 cm (25.2 in). He is in the 50th percentile for weight and just over 50th percentile in height, so he is one super cute average baby :)

We tried to do a holiday photo shoot for Connor at home so we could have a great holiday picture of him. Anyone who is ever tried to take pictures of babies can attest how difficult this could be. Below is one of the pictures where Connor was more interested in the tree and lights than he was posing for the camera. If you click on the picture, you can see more pictures from the shoot on my flickr site.


We would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and for those who don't celebrate Christmas - Happy Holidays!

No comments: