Sunday, February 13, 2005

Foot in Mouth and Sliding on Ice

Well, I learned the hard way that I really should learn to confront people and get to the bottom of things before I make any assumptions. I also learned that people do read what I post. I also learned that I should not post things first thing in the morning before thinking things through. All in all, I guess the good thing about me venting yesterday that it allowed the lines of communication to be clear, and I was able to talk to my friend about her plans this summer. And I feel a lot better about it, and this way I really will be able to enjoy my trip to Mexico without this looming overhead. Now all I have to worry about is finding time to "study" for my midterm while I am away.

It's a good thing that we were able to clear the air so both of us could enjoy the Bonspiel. Last night was the Annual Gilmour St Bonspeil at the Rideau Curling Club (home of the Junior and Senior Women's Ontario Champions), which was organized by Gord. There were a bunch of ultimate players that we knew, plus some other people who seemed to know Gord, so it was a fun mix of people. The whole rink (5 sheets of ice) was rented for our use, and there were 10 teams at the Bonspiel. Geofford, Phil Mcknight, and I were on team #9 who went undefeated last night, which was fun. We tied our first two games and then we ended up winning the next two. During the last game, Tanya joined our team because he team decided to stop playing. It was nice having a fourth player because then we would always have two sweepers (instead of just one...I was pretty useless when I was the lone sweeper because sometimes I couldn't keep up with Phil's rocks). The pictures from the bonspiel are posted on Ofoto.


Team #9 after our first win Posted by Hello

I'm getting super excited because I am finally packed for my trip to Mexico. One more sleep before we leave. I will post up pictures and commentary from the trip when I return. I can't wait!

1 comment:

letti said...

i hope you have a great time in Mexico and safe travels!