Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Phew...

Wow, so the past couple of days/weeks have been a big blur. Basically I have been waking up, going to the Boys and Girls Club, then going to Alcatel, then off to Ultimate (Mondays - Strange Brew, Tuesdays & Thursdays - seVen, and Wednesdays - O2), then off to bed to get some rest before repeating. Last week was a little different as we had the night off on Thursday, although Derek and I had a few visits to make to get things set for seVen, so I didn't get to play ultimate, but I was still thinking about it.

This weekend was No Borders, which is an Open/Women's tournament, so seVen wasn't playing but a few of the ladies put a team together called BadDates and some of the guys picked up with various teams. I just wanted to go watch, but ended up picking up with Lush on Saturday afternoon to help them out. That was a lot of fun, and I didn't get hurt so that was good. I wasn't able to play on Sunday because I had to do some program evaluation stuff for the Boys and Girls Club. It was kind of nice staying home too and not having to rush off and do stuff. I was also finally able to get home for dinner. Dad bbqed steak and chicken and we had a mini-feast. I also got to talk to Mom who is currently in Hong Kong visiting her mother and her sisters and brothers there. She will be coming back in August after I have left for Nationals, so I won't see her until mid-august.

Monday and Tuesday were a big change from the ordinary as I was helping with the logistics of the Brian Smith Golf Tournament, which is a major fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club. It was a crazy couple of days, but I got to see the Stanley Cup and we raised a lot of money to be able to send kids to Camp Smitty so it was all worth it.

No comments: