Friday, September 02, 2005

Delinquent

Wow, I have been super delinquent in posting. We could blame it on the beautiful hot weather and that I was outside enjoying it as opposed to updating my blog, but that would only be partially true. I have been spending a lot of time on a computer, just not my own. Since I have accepted the position at Alcatel, I have been working way too hard. Working at the Boys and Girls Club, Alcatel, and still going to Ultimate practices/games, has been quite taxing on my body.

I am tired now. Very tired. I think it all started with the Brian Smith Golf Tournament. I put in a lot of hours helping out with that. After that, the insanity started when Geoff and I were organizing the Mixed Up Ultimate Tournament. As the tournament name indicates, the tournament was all mixed up. I have decided that I will not agree to help out with the tournament next year unless Geoff decides to get more volunteers. We had 4 at the most at one time (+ Geofford and myself) and that is just not enough to run a 32-team tournament. Thanks to Batch, Scase, Derek, Mehmet, CK, Stef, Rachel, Drew, Don Quon, HybridPro/Daredevil discs, seVen, BigFish, and anyone else that I may have forgotten for all of the help that they provided. I think that I would have gotten much less sleep had you all not been around to help.

After the tournament, we still had to deal with Nationals. Although seVen had a 5-4 W-L record, which put us 13th overall, but I wasn't ecstatic with our performance on Thursday going 0-3. I take a lot of the blame for that because it wasn't that the team wasn't playing really well, but some of the decisions by the leadership weren't executed properly, which really frustrated me. Oh well, this is only our second year as seVen and the Mixed Teams in Canada are getting stronger, so we just have to keep working. We are now gearing up for Fall, we are playing in the UPA Fall Series, so that should be a lot of fun.

Posted by Picasa Damian and I at Nationals (watching the finals)


This is my last official day at the Boys and Girls Club, so it is a little sad, but I have learned so much during my intership and have had a great experience. I have a few last things to tie up, but I am almost ready to start school again for my last semester.

I am very much looking forward to going to visit Geoff's parents at Georgian Bay, and cannot wait to relax on the beach. Hopefully I will get the majority of my work done, so I don't have too much to do while I am there.

We'll see....until next time...hopefully much sooner....

Oh, and finally I am doing a photoblog thing on my msn spaces account: http://spaces.msn.com/members/jsysmile/

No comments: