Sunday, September 25, 2005

Cloudy Patches, with a bit of Sunshine peaking through

This past week-end has been a mixture of sadness and happiness.

Last Friday, I attended the funeral of Douglas Brash, who was the father of my friend Jason. Mr. Brash passed away at the age of 54 from pancreatic cancer, which I learned has the highest fatality rate of the different kinds of cancers. It was an emotionally draining day as I don't think that I have ever seen Jason so sad.

I had to change my mood on Saturday because I was co-hosting a baby shower for Lisa, my old roomate. Lisa and Stephan are expecting a baby boy in December, so Amy and I threw a baby shower for her. This was an atmosphere of real joy because we were getting Lisa and Steph ready to receive a new life into the world.

I guess it is a part of the circle of life: death, birth, and of course life. Life is definitely something that should be cherished. As I am growing older, I think that I'm growing wiser, and beginning to cherish the little things. I do have to stop procrastinating though, and living in the now, because you never know what is going to happen next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you say the answer is natural health consultant?

I found my answer for natural health consultant here!