Monday, August 23, 2004

Vancouver continued...

We had such big plans for walking on the Tuesday to start preparing for our tournament, but due to the rain and then humidity, we decided only to walk to and from lunch at a local sushi place. The sushi was good, but not as amazing as other sushi that I'd had before. After lunch, we headed to UBC via downtown, checked in and then went up to meet up with my friend Jethro and his fiance Lisa. After a nice dinner, we went back to the residence to watch the Olympics and wait for the rest of the team to arrive.

After an afternoon practice at UBC with the whole team, Geofford and I went to go meet up with my Uncle David, Aunt Ruby, Cousin Evelyn, and my Aunt's family. We went to Isami Sushi in Burnaby. This restaurant had some amazing sushi.

Nationals was again an amazing experience. We ended up 12th overall in the Mixed Division and I have posted on OCUA's website a description of our results. Here are the official results from the CUC website. I am super proud of the team and I hope all of them had an amazing experience.

The party on Saturday night was a lot of fun, but I guess the tournament really took a lot out of me as I couldn't party into the night as I normally do, which was a little disappointing. But, we ended up getting up early to go back to Coquitlam to meet Seryna and her boyfriend Shawn (or is it Sean or Shaun?) for brunch at the IHOP. After brunch we headed back to UBC to watch the Mixed Finals. Unfortunately Bombing Madd Fatties lost to Team Fisher Price, but it was fun watching your friends (and people you've played against) in the final. After the game Geofford and I drove around the English Bay, Stanley Park and headed over the Lion's Gate Bridge before heading to King's Chinese Restaurant for dinner with all of my relatives in Vancouver. It was a little banquet, with lots of food, and it was a little too loud to talk, but it was nice seeing everyone. We then headed to my cousin Tullia's house to stay for the night.

After dropping off the car, we went to Dim Sum with my Aunt Stella, Uncle Eric, Damian, and his girlfriend Melody. After Dum Sum we headed to the airport an hour early, but apparantly not early enough as we got rushed to a separate line. I guess because we checked in so late, we weren't able to get seats together, so Geoff and I sat apart, which was probably better for him because I sat at the back of the plane again, which meant no reclining seats. The plane on the way back was much newer and we even got a hot meal so that was nice.

My trip to Vancouver was a lot of fun, but it was really nice to come home and sleep in my own bed...

No comments: