Sunday, March 20, 2005

A pleasant break from the writing...

My research paper is suprisingly going okay. Although I started with some serious writer's block, I have been able to type out 5 pages in the past 3 days, which I have been quite happy about, if I can get the section on athletic scholarships finished by the end of the weekend, then I should be on schedule to finish before easter, so then I can focus on the other two assignments that are due next week :p

Last night was a nice change from the monotony of sitting in front of my computer. Geoff and I met up with Melissa (one of the fellow Ottawans who went to the Mayan Riveria for Rachel's wedding) and Maddy at the Vietnamese Kitchen for dinner, which was quite appetizing. I had never been for dinner before, although I have ordered in, and it was a really nice homey restaurant. After dinner, we parted from Melissa and Maddy with the hope of seeing each other later in April to go to a Cabane à Sucre, and we met up with Tony, Drew, and Otia at the Centerpointe Theatre to see the Arrogant Worms (Erin was working, so we got to see her before the show). I was pleasantly surprised with their performance. I actually had no idea what to expect because I have never heard of them before, but it turns out I had heard one of their songs - Carrot Juice is Murder - at a school concert in high school. I think my favorite songs were: We are the beaver, Canada is Really Big, and Rocks and Trees. I was really impressed with how interactive these guys were and how they were really able to play off each other during the whole show.

Now I am back to the writing, but it is very difficult because it so nice outside. Spring starts tomorrow, which means only a little bit until the insanity of ultimate all the time starts :) I can't wait. But right now, all I can keep thinking is two more weeks...and I am done my 2nd semester of my Master's!

No comments: