Friday, March 11, 2005

Tony's Brave Proposal

Yesterday was an exciting day for Tony (Geofford's Roomate). He had decided to propose to his girlfriend Erin. We (Tony, Erin, Drew, Otia, Geofford and I) started off the evening at East Side Mario's. It was exciting for the rest of us because we knew what would be happening later that night. After copious amounts of salad, bread, and pasta, we all headed down to the canal.

We put our skates on (except Otia who doesn't have skates, yet) and started skating from Somerset towards the NAC. Tony had planned to propose at Laurier Bridge, but we weren't sure if he was going to do it before or after we had our beavertails. Well, it turned out to be afterwards, so we had some beavertails (and hot apple cider) and continued skating to the "end" of the canal. At this point, Erin lent her skates to Otia so that she could get a chance to skate. The boys (Drew and Geofford) had already skated off at this point to scope out good picture taking spots around Laurier Bridge, so once Otia had her skates on, her and I went to catch up with them so that Tony could make his move :)



Tony Proposing to Erin on the canal Posted by Hello



Erin says "Yes!" and they are both happy :) Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Awesome! It was neat to some across your site on BlogExplosion since I live in Ottawa, too.
I am sure that was an exciting night. Cheers!

Bran said...

I'm from BE, too. Brings a smile to my face and I have no clue who those people are. It's universal I suppose.