Friday, April 29, 2005

Exhaustion has set in, and I'm only beginning

I would have thought that I would have had a lot more free time once school ended, but since school ended two weeks ago, I have felt very busy. I think part of that stems from me trying to catch up with my sleep, but there are just so many things to do in a day.

Part of the lack of free time can be attributed to Ultimate. We are currently going through tryouts from the Coed Competitive Stream of OCUA. We had about 90 people at our first tryout and just over 110 at our second tryout. Trying to manage that many people when we are looking for 40-45 is quite difficult. We made our first cut on Wednesday night, which was quite difficult to do, but we still have quite large numbers. As we go to our first tournament next weekend, we have a lot of work to do in the next week.

I start my internship at the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa next week. I started this week with a part-time job at the Boys and Girls Club helping out with their special events. I hope that I will be able to transition well from school to working again. The job this week was only two days, but starting next week for the whole summer I will be working 5 days a week. I am looking forward to it as it will get me out of the house, but at the same time, it will be a big change.

1 comment:

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Well, I hope that sleep is going well. It's always great to catch up! And good luck with the internship. Sounds like a great opportunity.