Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Spring is Finally Here!

I am very happy that spring is finally here and now I have the time to enjoy it. With all of my planning, I still managed to work on my school assignments right up until the due date. I'm thinking next time, I should just work on it last minute :) I only have one assignment/exam left to complete, which is due on Friday, so hopefully I will get that done sooner than later, as tryouts for seVen start on Thursday night.

All the snow is melted here in Ottawa, but that didn't stop Geofford and I from snowboarding at Tremblant over the weekend. The mountain had perfect spring conditions, which I discovered was great for skiers, but not so great for snowboarders. I remember loving spring skiing, but I'm still undecided about spring boarding. The first four runs of the day were awesome, the snow was still quite fast, and wasn't softening up too much. After a mid-morning break, the snow got too soft and was beginning to form moguls on most of the runs. On skis, this really isn't that much of a problem, but on a snowboard, I found it a little more difficult to maneuvre. Next year, I hope to get out on the slopes more than once, and hopefully I won't have such a difficult time in the spring. We'll see...

As for ultimate, the indoor season is coming to a close, and the outdoor season is starting up again. seVen (OCUA's A Team) starts tryouts in conjunction with BigFish (OCUA's B team) this Thursday night, which starts off hopefully an exciting season. I can't wait for tryouts to be over though so that I can start playing. That is the part that I definitely look forward to.

No comments: